Grab your craft supplies and load your glue guns ‘cuz it’s time for a special Valentine’s edition of…
There is something so sweet and charming about children collecting sweet Valentines. And, of course, not any old box will do for storing these precious treasures. Using supplies from around your house you can create fun, cute and treasured “boxes” to hold those sweet love notes. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
This first idea was inspired by my very popular Tattle Monster. Allow me to introduce you to Val, the Valentine’s Monster!
To make this cute Valentine’s Day Box you will need the following supplies:
- Empty Tissue Box
- Egg Carton
- Spray Paint
- White craft foam
- Foam hearts
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pom Poms
- Googly Eyes
- Hot glue
1. Spray paint your tissue box red (or other desired color).
2. Once the box has dried, add pink foam hearts. I used the sticky kind, but you could also paint your hearts on as well.
3. Cut out two sections of the egg carton and spray paint (if it isn’t already white) then hot glue googly eyes on.
4. Cut out teeth from the white craft foam and hot glue to the inside of the box.
5. Curl your pipe cleaner around your finger or a pen.
6. Hot glue pink pom poms to the top of the pipe cleaner.
7. Cut a small slit in the top of the box and insert the pipe cleaners. Use a dab of hot glue to keep them securely in place.
Now you have a Valentine’s Monster ready to eat those sweet love notes!
Pretty Little Piggy
This pretty little piggy was inspired by my mom. When I was telling her about my idea to create a post with fun ways to collect Valentines, she fondly recalled her mom making some of the best “boxes” when she was a little girl and a pink little piggy was near the top of the list…and, of course, a perfect fit for Oink!
You will need the following supplies:
- Empty Clorox bottle
- Egg carton
- Pink spray paint
- 4 craft corks
- Pipe cleaner
- Pink craft foam
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue
1. Spray paint your (clean & dry) Clorox bottle and corks pink.
2. Once the bottle is dry, take a knife and carefully cut a slit in the top making sure it is wide enough to slip Valentines in.
3. Cut out and spray paint (if they aren’t already white) the egg cartons. Hot glue googly eyes to the center.
4. Cut out ears from the pink foam, put a dab of hot glue at the bottom center and pinch closed. Hot glue the ears on to the top of the bottle.
5. Cut out a pink heart from the pink craft foam and add details with a permanent marker. Hot glue to the cap of the bottle for the snout.
6. Curl your pipe cleaner for the tail and hot glue to the back of the bottle. Add a bow if desired.
7. Hot glue the corks to the bottom of the bottle.
8. Oink! Now you have a pretty little piggy to keep those heartfelt love letters.
Both of these projects are easy to make. You could even include your kids and have them help create their very own Valentine’s Box. I spent $0 to make these only using items I already had on hand.
Have fun creating your own sweet Valentine’s Boxes and don’t forget to stop by Giggles Galore for another fun idea!