Rustle up your craft supplies and load your glue guns ‘cuz it’s…
There’s a lil’ magic goin’ on around the PiG PeN today! This lil’ piggy’s makin’ a rabbit appear before your very eyes! Today I’m sharin’ an activity from our Magic Trick Birthday Party which I featured here on Monday. I wanted to create a craft activity that coordinated with the magic theme to keep our young guests busy. I shopped my home and office first and found all of the supplies I needed without spending a single penny!
For the party, each placesetting included a “Magic Bag of Tricks” filled with the parts of the rabbit’s face and head.
- Small Paper Plates
- Pink Cardstock
- Black Wax Thread or Pipe Cleaners
- Cotton Face Pads or White Cardstock Circles
- Googly Eyes
- Adhesive Dots or Other Adhesive
1. Draw an outer ear shape on the back of a white plate. Cut it out and use as a template to cut out the other outer ear.
2. From the leftover part of the plate, draw and cut out a set of teeth.
3. If you’re not using cotton face pads, cut out cheeks from the leftover paper plate.
4. Draw an inner ear shape on the pink cardstock and use as a template to cut out the other inner ear.
5. Cut out a mouth and nose from the pink cardstock.
6. Cut three 4″-5″ lengths of black wax thread (used in bookbinding and basket weaving) or pipe cleaners.
7. Either bag up the parts for each rabbit or assemble using adhesive dots or another adhesive. To minimize the amount of clean up time during a party, I prefer to use adhesive dots.
Every rabbit is magical! I love that each one has it’s own personality. You can even add a magnet to the back for easy refrigerator attachment!
I hope you’re inspired to make a fun craft activity appear at your next party!